- green leafy base - 2 cups spinach or kale
- grain - 1/4 cup quinoa, measured dry
- vegetables - 1 cup of each: cucumber, shredded brussel sprouts and/or cherry tomatoes (tomatoes are actually a fruit)
- legumes - 1/2 cup chickpeas or lentils
- fat - 2 tbsp hummus or avocado
- dressing - freshly squeezed lemon juice
- garnish - parsley or green onions
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- cutting board
- small/medium cooking pot
- bowl or plate
- Prepare quinoa as directed and cut vegetables to your liking.
- In a bowl or plate, add your green leafy base, cooked quinoa, cucumber, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, chickpeas and parsley. Top with 2 tablespoons avocado or hummus and the juice of one lemon wedge. Season with salt and pepper.
Training day: option to add a palm of protein (chicken, shrimp or lean ground turkey)
Rest day: omit the quinoa and option to add a palm of protein (wild salmon or lean ground beef)
- Brown Basmati Rice for quinoa
- Onions for brussel sprouts
- Mushrooms for cucumber
- Lentils for chickpeas
- Hummus for avocado
Approximately 310 calories for entire serving.
~ 1/2 palm protein, 2 fists carbs, 1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending of brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30 & Paleo lifestyles.