- 1/2 link all natural kielbasa (~ 6 oz.) or 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12-count silicone muffin tin
- large non-stick skillet
- large mixing bowl
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Prepare silicone 12-count muffin baking pan.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet. If using kielbasa, cut into small pieces and sauté until it’s browned. If using uncooked ground sausage, cook until it’s browned and crumbled. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and heavy cream. Add the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the browned sausage and remaining ingredients: 1 cup ROTEL, red bell pepper, green onions, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Using a melon ball scooper, fill each muffin holder to about 3/4 full. You will have leftover batter, so you have the option of using a 2nd baking pan or waiting until the 1st batch is done.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool and serve.
For the non-paleo version: add 1 cup organic cheddar cheese, mexican blend or mozzarella shredded cheese
Store leftovers in an airtight container and leave in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
If you are only making this recipe for 1-2 people, you may want to 1/2 the recipe!
If you would like to use an aluminum baking pan, add muffin liners and coat with olive oil cooking spray.
Approximately 340 calories per 2 muffins.
~ 1 palm protein, 4 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Gluten Free, Ketogenic, Paleo Lifestyles.