- 1 lb. natural ground chicken
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 4 tbsp clarified butter (ghee), divided
- 5 tbsp Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1- 16 oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- pinch of pepper
- cast iron or oven-proof skillet
- baking sheet - optional
- non-stick skillet
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, almond flour, salt, minced garlic, and green onions.
- Use your hands to combine everything together and form 1″ – 1.5″ meatballs. Tip: Because we’re using ground chicken, you will need to keep your hands wet with water (or coconut oil) to help shape the balls. It will be very sticky and messy otherwise!
- Turn skillet to medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee. Add the meatballs and sear for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to the baking sheet. Note – You can skip this step and simply transfer your cast iron (oven-proof skillet) into the oven.
- Bake the meatballs for 15-17 minutes.
- Buffalo sauce: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the hot sauce and 2 tbsp ghee. Heat until the butter is completely melted. Use a spoon to stir.
- Serve the meatballs over butter “rice” or zucchini noodles!
Butter “Rice” Directions:
- Turn non-stick skillet to medium heat and follow the directions for thawing the cauliflower rice.
- Once the rice has de-thawed, add 1 tbsp melted ghee, bone broth and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and sauté until liquid has evaporated.
Approximately 275 calories per serving
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, serving size and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic & Dairy Free lifestyles.