- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not in oil)
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed, cut in half, if large
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- large nonstick skillet or cast iron
- 2 large plates
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken with salt and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet on to a plate and leave the oil in.
- Add green beans and season with salt. Then add sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the green beans cooked through. Remove green beans to a serving plate or tupperware.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add sliced cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.
- For a dairy-free recipe, opt for vegan pesto – Trader Joe’s carries a super tasty one.
- Can substitute green beans for asparagus.
- Training days – option to add a small serving of jasmine rice or sweet potatoes.
- Can substitute chicken thighs for chicken tenders.
Approximately 395 calories
~1.5 palms protein, 1 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.