- 1 - 14 oz. can organic chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashew butter, drain excess oil (homemade butter - use 1 cup unsalted whole cashews and grind until smooth)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp organic coconut sugar (or Truvia Brown Sugar Blend) - I used a combo of the both!
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- food processor
- small mixing Bowl
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- tbsp measuring spoon
- Add the chickpeas, cashew butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsp cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt to the food processor. Puree the mixture until smooth. You will most likely need to slide a spatula down the sides of the processor during this process.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a tbsp measuring spoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into a truffle-size balls and place on the parchment paper. Repeat this step until the entire batch is now in truffle form. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon for the powdered coating. You may need to smash any bits with a spoon to ensure the coating is super fine.
- One by one, add a truffle to the cinnamon sugar powder and delicately roll until the entire truffle is fully covered! Return the coated truffle to the parchment paper. Repeat this step until the entire batch has been bathed in Cinnamon Goodness.
- Place the truffles in the freezer for approximately 30 – 45 minutes to set! Remove, SHARE and enjoy! Be careful with these guys because once you pop, YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO STOP! If you happen to have left-overs, simply place them back in the refrigerator! They should keep for 4-5 days.
Approximately 120 calories per serving (~1/2 fist, 1 thumb)
*Calories will vary depending on brands of ingredients and if you make any substitutions.