- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 8-ounce package organic tempeh, crumbled in 1/2" pieces
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- mexican seasoning: 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 - grain free tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted and mashed (sub for 1/2 cup guacamole)
- garnish: cilantro, parsley, lime, vegan shredded cheese
- nonstick skillet
- Add oil to nonstick skillet. Then add the diced onions and bell pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the tempeh pieces, garlic, mexican seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the tempeh is heated through and lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare your tortillas as you see fit then spread with avocado/guacamole. Spoon the tempeh mixture on top and garnish with your toppings of choice.
Approximately 299 calories per taco (using Siete almond flour tortillas)
~3/4 palm protein, 1 fist carbs, 3 thumbs
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free