- 2 pounds organic ground turkey or chicken
- 2 tablespoons Frontier Co-Op Mexican Fiesta Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large organic, free range eggs
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup organic salsa
- 1/2 cup pitted green or black olives
- 9 x 12 baking/casserole dish
- large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In your large mixing bowl combine the ground meat, seasonings and eggs. Mix well then place in the baking dish and pat down until even. Place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Meanwhile you can slice your veggies.
- After 15 minutes, remove the meat from the oven. Add salsa to the top and layer on your sliced veggies. Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes (same temp).
- After 5 minutes has passed, turn the oven to Broil (high) for 5-8 minutes until the veggies are slightly tender or baked to your liking.
Rest Day: Serve alongside a leafy green salad and add avocado slices.
Training Day: Serve alongside organic, gluten free pasta (add fresh salsa as the dressing)
- Whole 30/Paleo: sub Frontier Co-op for — 1.5 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Protein: sub ground turkey or chicken for grassfed ground beef or bison
- Veggies: add other vegetables such as kale or artichoke hearts
- Additional toppings: organic shredded cheese, cilantro, jalapenos
Approximately 230 calories per 4-ounce serving (~8 servings)
~ 1 palm protein, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Whole 30, Paleo, Dairy Free, Ketogenic, Gluten Free