- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 16-ounce bag pre-riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves or quarters
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon or more
- salt and pepper
- large mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- nonstick oven-safe skillet or cast iron
- 4 meal prep containers
- Set oven to 420F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken thighs, 1 tablespoon olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, zest of 1 lemon, juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt and pepper. Mix well. Option to marinate overnight or go right into step 3.
- In an oven-safe nonstick skillet or cast iron add a little olive oil, then place on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, toss in the marinated chicken thighs. Sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until the outside is crispy. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Add pre-riced cauliflower to a separate bowl along with the remaining ingredients. (Tip: For a finer and minced-like cauliflower: add 1 lb cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until it’s finely grated). Fold and mix in the remaining ingredients. Make sure to season well with salt & pepper.
- Using 4 meal prep containers (same size), divide the chicken and rice equally.
- Incorporate jasmine or basmati rice on training days.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Can substitute chicken thighs for chicken cutlets or tenders.
Approximately 350 calories per serving
~1.5 palms protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Whole 30, Paleo, Ketogenic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free