- 2 large collard green leaves, thick stems removed from the bottom of leaves
- 4 ounces protein of choice: organic rotisserie chicken, nitrate free turkey breast, tuna, smoked salmon
- 1 cup vegetarian protein of choice: chickpeas, hummus, cooked black beans, boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons spread of choice: kite hill cream cheese, avocado mayo, Tessemae's honey mustard
- 1 cup sliced vegetables of choice: red onion, cucumber, tomato, carrots, spinach, bell pepper
- add-ins: broccoli sprouts, avocado, olives
- Lay collard greens on a flat surface, then layer on to each wrap with 1 tablespoon of your condiment, 1/2 serving protein, 1/2 cup vegetables and any additional toppings.
- Roll the wrap so that the stem spans the length of the whole roll, then repeat and enjoy!
Training Day: serve with Jackson’s Honest Sweet Potato chips , baked sweet potato or baby carrots
Rest Day: serve as is
In order to make the collard much appetizing and easier to eat, choose to prepare the collard using one of the following steps:
- Option 1 – Wash collard green leaves in HOT water. My fast version of parboiling them.
- Option 2 – Trim your collard green leaves so that the stem is cut off just leaving the whole leaf. Rinse each leaf then dry and place in between a paper towel. Keep them in a paper towel and place in microwave for 10 seconds or so to lightly steam and soften.
- Option 3 – Shave the stem down before rolling up your wrap. To shave the stem, lay the leaf face-down on a cutting board so that the round part of the stem faces up. Using a large knife, run your knife parallel to the cutting board through the stem, cutting it almost in half length-wise.
Approximately 220 calories per 1 wrap (including 2 oz. turkey, veggies, 1 tbsp may & honey mustard)
Calories and macros will vary based on protein, vegetables and spreads chosen. They will also vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Customizable to Keto, Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Dairy Free Lifestyles.