- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- large mixing bowl
- 12-count silicone or metal muffin tin
- whisk or fork
- Mellon ball scooper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients: almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, sweetener and salt
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using a mellon ball scooper, evenly scoop out batter into a silicone 12-count muffin baking pan.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes. Mine came our perfect ?? at 18 minutes! A toothpick should come out clean when you insert it into a muffin.
- Sweetener options: monk fruit, stevia, or xylitol
- For a boost of protein – add 1 scoop collagen powder
- For more texture – add 1/4 cup crushed walnuts to the batter
- For dairy version – swap ghee for grassfed butter
Approximately 190 calories per muffin (no additions)
~ 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Ketogenic & Paleo Lifestyles.