- *2 - 4 oz. all natural organic chicken breasts (OMIT for Vegan/Vegetarian needs)
- *1/4 cup organic BBQ sauce - I used Trader Joes Sriracha BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 medium organic sweet potatoes ~ 2 cups
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- *2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1 oz. Trader Joes sweet & spicy jalapeño slices
- optional - 1/2 avocado, green onions, cilantro
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- slow cooker
TO SAVE TIME if you are using chicken, I’d recommend prepping the chicken the day before.
- Add chicken to your slow cooker and cover with barbecue sauce. Toss once to coat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4, until chicken is cooked through and falls apart easily.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss with juices. Cover and keep warm until ready to use.
*Option to swap chicken breast for all natural lean ground chicken, turkey or beef.
*Look for an organic bbq sauce with the fewest amount of ingredients and least amount of sugar. I used Trader Joe’s Organic Sriracha & Garlic BBQ Sauce.
ONCE YOUR PROTEIN OF CHOICE IS READY, PROCEED HERE:
- Preheat oven 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Option to use a baking rack.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4″ thick rounds. Toss with 1 tbsp oil choice and sprinkle with chili powder. Mix well.
- Spread sweet potatoes in an even layer on prepared baking sheet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan (you may need to use two baking sheets).
- Bake sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Top the “nachos” with the remaining ingredients – bbq chicken, tomatoes, red onions, *vegan parmesan and jalapeños.
*Option to swap for a cheese compliant to your dietary needs.
*Any leftovers should be placed in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep for 3-4 days.
This is NOT a low calorie recipe! But do not fret because (minus the sauce) you are eating all WHOLE ingredients!
And no guilt should be associated Training days require more energy from food!
Approximately 360 calories per serving.
~ 1 palm protein, 2 fists carbs, <1 thumb fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegetarian/Vegan lifestyles.