- 4 - boneless, all natural chicken breasts, thin cut ~ 4 oz each.
- himalayan salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee) or grass fed butter
- 3 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup organic chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch or gluten free corn starch
- optional - splash of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, full-fat
- optional - 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 3-4 cups organic baby spinach
- large oven-proof skillet or cast iron
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in your large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set the chicken aside on your plate.
- While the chicken is resting, return back to the same skillet and turn the heat to low/medium. Add the garlic and stir frequently for about 1 minute until fragrant. Careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add the chicken broth, splash of dry white wine, coconut cream, parmesan, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce the heat. Allow the sauce reduce to reduce and thicken. Because we are not using a traditional heavy cream, do not expect the sauce to become very thick. Mine turned out a little runny, but the flavor was on point!
- After about 5 minutes, add in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has thickened a bit more.
- Continue to cook the sauce and spinach for another 5-7 minutes, so the sauce becomes thicker.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and turn the heat off.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Approximately 265 calories per serving
~1 palm protein, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic, Whole 30, Paleo, & Gluten Free lifestyles.