- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup beef broth or bone broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot starch - optional
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces (packaged) stir fry vegetables
- toppings - toasted sesame seeds, green onions
- instant pot OR large non-stick skillet
- large non-stick skillet
Instant Pot Directions:
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode.
- Add avocado oil to the bottom and brown the ground beef. Add the minced garlic, and stir.
- Once beef is browned, add all sauce ingredients: braggs aminos, broth, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, arrowroot starch (optional), rice wine vinegar, ginger paste, chili flakes and pepper. Stir well.
- Set valve to sealing. Use the manual setting to set to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil and add the stir fry vegetables. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes until tender crisp. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables. If vegetables begin to stick or burn, add a touch of water. Remove and set aside.
- Once time is up on the IP, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Serve by adding stir fry vegetables, garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil and the stir fry vegetables. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes until tender crisp. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables. If vegetables begin to stick or burn, add a touch of water. Remove and set aside.
- Add ground beef to the pan. Cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is cooked through.
- Meanwhile mix together the “sauce” – minced garlic, braggs aminos, bone broth, arrowroot starch (optional), 1 teaspoon sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger paste, chili flakes and pepper. Add to the cooked ground beef and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes
- Stir in the vegetables or serve them on the side, scooping some of the extra sauce on top.
- Beef can be swapped for ground bison, turkey, chicken or pork. And for my vegetarians, try these vegetarian crumbles.
- Any vegetable combination is great for this recipe. I used the “stir fry” fresh veggies from Publix and riced cauliflower. Other options include Brussel sprouts, peppers, onions, bok choy or green beans.
- If you want a thicker sauce, add in 2 teaspoons of arrowroot starch along with the “sauce” ingredients. This should thicken up the sauce nicely.
- For my sweet and spicy lovers, add 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener or coconut sugar along with you “sauce” ingredients. And to reduce the “saltiness” simply use less Braggs liquid aminos.
- ?? For Training Days: use a leaner cut of ground meat and add 1/4 cup basmati rice or 1 cup sweet potato noodles
Approximately 300 calories per serving (using 90/10 ground bison and bone broth)
~1 palm protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Ketogenic, Dairy Free & Gluten Free Lifestyles.