- 4 tablespoons grassfed butter or ghee
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joes "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning ("EBTB")
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (~100g)
- 1 pound organic or grassfed beef (90/10%)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- for serving - organic no sugar added marinara
- toppings - fresh basil, parmesan or mozzarella
- blender/food processor
- 6-count jumbo muffin mold
- baking sheet
- sauce pan
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add the melted butter and eggs into a blender. Then add “EBTB” seasoning, rosemary and almond flour. Pulse until all of the batter is completely mixed together.
- Pour the batter equally into a metal non-stick 6-ct jumbo muffin mold. Optional – sprinkle more “EBTB” over each bun). Place in the oven and bake for 17-18 minutes. (If you use silicone mold you will need to bake them longer, 25 to 26 minutes).
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Form into 16-18 golf ball-sized meatballs and place on the baking sheet. I used a melon ball scooper to make sure they were even in size.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and insides are no longer pink.
- When ready to serve, warm marinara in a sauce pan and roll the meatballs in the sauce.
To shave off some calories and fat, simply remove the top bun and enjoy this open-faced!
Leftover buns: simply store the sliced buns in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Meat: any other ground meat will work
Approximately 390 calories per slider (including 3 meatballs)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.