- 4 tablespoons grassfed butter or ghee
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joes "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning ("EBTB")
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (~100g)
- blender/food processor
- 6-count jumbo muffin mold
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add the melted butter and eggs into a blender. Then add “EBTB” seasoning, rosemary and almond flour. Pulse until all of the batter is completely mixed together.
- Pour the batter equally into a metal non-stick 6-ct jumbo muffin mold. Optional – sprinkle more “EBTB” over each bun). Place in the oven and bake for 17-18 minutes. (If you use silicone mold you will need to bake them longer, 25 to 26 minutes).
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Timing: as mentioned before, be mindful of the mold you choose to use. Silicone will require longer baking time.
No need for baking powder. Buns will likely rise too much and become hollow on the inside.
Leftover buns: simply store the sliced buns in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you want to freeze them, make sure to slice the buns beforehand.
Approximately 230 calories per bun (~1.5g net carbs)
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.