- 4 - 4 oz. wild alaskan salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Modena balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 12 tsp organic raw honey
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- sea salt of Himalayan salt & fresh pepper
- veggies of choice - red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, red onions or asparagus (all diced)
- organic cooking spray
- baking sheet
- small mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking sheet tray with organic cooking oil spray; set aside.
- In your small mixing bowl, whisk 2 tbsp avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lime juice, garlic, ginger, chili flakes and salt together to combine. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients.
- In your medium mixing bowl, add your diced veggies and toss with 1 tbsp avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salmon fillets and veggies in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and pour the marinade over the salmon fillets.
- Bake about 10 minutes and then switch the oven to a Low Broil – allow to broil for another 10 minutes (20 minutes cooking time total). Let the salmon cook until it reaches 125F, which is medium (not rare). Veggies should be perfect cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and with any additional marinade for added flavor. If the veggies are not done to your liking, simply transfer the salmon to a plate and return veggies to the oven until roasted to your liking.
Rest day: serve as is (may include more healthy fat like 1/4 avocado)
Training day: add a root vegetable like roasted sweet potato
Approximately 315 calories per serving
~ 1 palm protein, 1/2 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on the brand of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic, Gluten Free & Dairy Free lifestyles.