- 1.5 lbs (3 to 4) all natural boneless chicken tenders, diced into 1" to 1.5" pieces
- 4 tbsp + 1 tbsp arrowroot starch - may sub for tapioca starch or gluten free corn starch
- *veggies of choice: bell peppers, onions, broccoli, etc.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos - found at Whole Foods or Publix
- 4 tbsp Swerve Sugar Substitute (Granular) - can swap for Light Brown Sugar but sugar/carb macros will increase slightly
- 4 tbsp Wholesome Organic Light Brown Sugar - can swap for Swerve and macros will decrease slightly
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- pinch of salt
- cutting Board
- small bowl
- medium sauce pan
- large saute pan
- large ziploc bag or airtight container
- First add chicken pieces to a ziploc bag, then add 4 tbsp arrowroot/tapioca/corn starch. Seal bag GOOD and shake until all chicken pieces have been coated. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: combine sugar, apple cider vinegar, braggs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & ketchup to a medium sauce pan. On low/medium heat, stir and bring to a boil. In a small bowl whisk together 1 tbsp arrowroot/tapioca/corn starch + 2 tbsp cold water until smooth. Then add this to the boiling sauce pan and stir until it has thickened. Reduce to low heat or simmer.
- Turn the large saute pan to medium heat and add oil. Then add the coated chicken. Saute over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. *At this point you would add your veggies of choice*. Continue to saute coated chicken (another 6-7 min) over medium heat until is browned and completely cooked through.
- Add sauce to chicken then stir to coat well! Serve over brown rice or with your favorite veggies!
Approximately 175 calories
(~1 fist protein, 1/2 fist carbs, 1 thumb fat)
*Calories will vary depending on brands of ingredients and if you make any substitutions.