- *2 links (~6 oz.) ground meat of choice - I used Trader Joe's Sweet Italian Pork Sausage (remove casing)
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup lite shredded cheese of choice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- large non-stick skillet
- medium mixing bowl
- small mixing bowl
- whisk & spoon
- baking sheet OR muffin tin
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In your non-stick skillet, add the ground meat, onions and peppers. Saute until the meat is fully browned and the vegetables are soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- While the ground meat is cooking, grab your medium mixing bowl and combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- In the small mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk until fully beaten. Add the cheese and mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the almond flour mixture. Mix well.
- Then add in the cooled (cooked) meat mixture and combine everything.
- **Place one sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet. Scoop out a spoonful of the mixture on to the sheet (just like you would do for cookies). The dough will be sticky! Option to sprinkle the bites with additional cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (they should be slightly firm to the touch). Serve with fresh salsa or green onions. And if you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator or freezer!
** Option to use a muffin tin instead of a baking sheet. Just make sure to coat the muffin tin with organic olive oil spray.
Approximately 164 calories per serving (~3/4 palm protein, 1 thumbs fat)
*Calories will vary depending on brands of ingredients and if you make any substitutions.