- 1 pound organic ground turkey (sub for bison, beef or pork)
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and liquid removed (~about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper - optional
- organic low sodium marinara - for serving
- medium mixing bowl
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Form into 12 golf ball-sized meatballs and place on the baking sheet. I used a melon ball scooper to make sure they were even in size.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and insides are no longer pink.
- As meatballs are cooling, add marinara to a sauce pan and heat until warmed through.
Training Day: serve over spaghetti squash or chickpea pasta
Rest Day: serve over over zucchini noodles or over a bed of leafy greens
Approximately 167 calories per 3 meatballs (not including marinara).
Calories and macros will vary based brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.