- 1 organic small to medium spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil, divided
- Himalayan salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 heaping tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Optional garnishes - fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, fresh parmesan cheese
- baking sheet
- optional - foil
- Preheat oven to 400F and line the baking sheet with foil or coat with organic olive oil spray.
- Cut stem of the spaghetti squash and then carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a fork. Season with 2 tbsp avocado oil, himalayan salt & pepper. Place squash cut-side up and bake for 35-40 minutes until it is fork tender. The roasting time will depend on the size of the squash. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the squash has cooled off, remove the stringy core from both halves with a fork and place in the mixing bowl. Toss with the remaining avocado oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and option to add parsley, pepper flakes and parmesan! Give it a good stir and SERVE!
Training day: serve alongside a palm of protein and an additional root veggie like sweet potato
Rest day: serve a la carte or alongside a palm of protein for a low-carb pasta
Approximately 160 calories per serving
~ 1/2 fist carbs, 2 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.
Approved for Ketogenic, Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten Free & Vegetarian lifestyles.