- 1 (15-oz.) can organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained & rinsed
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 - 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- *2 tbsp organic tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: red chili pepper flakes, fresh parsley, additional olive oil, pine nuts, olives, or chopped roasted red peppers
- food processor
Add all of the ingredients into your food processor, and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides if needed and continue blending until the hummus reaches your desired consistency, adding more lemon juice or olive oil if needed.
Training day: serve with gluten free crackers
Rest day: serve with carrots or celery
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Approximately 51 calories per serving
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients and substitutions.