- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter, unsalted (sub for ghee)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 pound wild caught shrimp, tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato, diced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (sub for heavy cream)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (sub for nutritional yeast)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch (optional)
- optional toppings: fresh parsley, Italian herbs
- large non-stick skillet or cast iron
- large plate or bowl
- cheese grater
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter/ghee. Allow the butter to melt, then add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant (~ 1 minute).
- Add in the shrimp and sauté for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until just cooked through and no longer “see-through”. Leaving the excess butter and garlic in the skillet, transfer the shrimp to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add in the onion and sun dried tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes to release their flavors.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the coconut milk/heavy cream and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow them to wilt in the sauce, and then add in the parmesan cheese/nutritional yeast. Stir and allow sauce to simmer for a 1-2 minutes until cheese melts.
- For a thicker sauce, add the arrowroot starch. Allow the sauce to continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and mix well. Garnish with toppings like fresh parsley and Italian herbs.
- Serve over “zoodles”, cauliflower rice or with a leafy green salad. ENJOY!
Substitutes for Dairy Free Version:
- Clarified butter (ghee) for grass-fed butter.
- Coconut milk for heavy cream.
- Nutritional yeast for parmesan cheese.
Substitutes for Protein:
- Chicken Breast, chicken thighs or turkey tenderloin for Shrimp.
- You will need to prepare the chicken/turkey in a separate pan until fully cooked. Then add in at step #7.
Approximately 350 calories per serving
~ 1 palm protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands on ingredients, serving sizes and substitutions.
Approved for Pescatarian, Ketogenic, Dairy Free and Gluten Free lifestyles.