- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen mayo
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoons dijon or stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- sea salt & pepper
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- small mixing bowl
- whisk or fork
- gallon-size Ziplock baggie
- large cast-iron skillet or pyrex baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayo, honey, mustard and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Place chicken in a Ziplock bag and add the marinade. Allow chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes or leave in the refrigerator overnight. For additional serving sauce, double the recipe and reserve sauce in a sealed container and refrigerate until serving time.
- Add chicken to cast iron/baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with cooked bacon and sprinkle with cheese. (Depending on how crispy you like your bacon, you can also wrap your breasts in the uncooked bacon slice and that will add even more flavor!)
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
Rest Day: Serve with broiled broccoli (season with olive oil, salt and pepper).
Training Day: Reduce sauce and serve with a baked sweet potato.
Lactose free/Dairy free version: use Daiya Cheddar shreds or Follow your Heart cheddar slices
Primal Kitchen Mayo: if you’re not a fan of mayo, omit and add more mustard.
Mushrooms: I opted for no mushrooms because my husband absolutely hates them, but you can simply layer them as the base before adding the chicken to the dish.
Marinade: if you’re short on time, add 3/4 of the marinade on top of the chicken vs. marinading in the refrigerator – reserve the remaining for extra sauce.
Approximately 295 calories per serving
~1 palm protein, 3 thumbs fat
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Ketogenic, Low Carb & Gluten Free Lifestyles