- 4 ounces Lily's dark chocolate baking chips
- 1-2 hass avocados, pitted & mashed
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pyrex heatproof bowl
- boiling pot
- parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water or microwave until fully melted (increments of 30 seconds).
- Remove bowl from heat and mix in the avocado and sea salt. Combine well- the mixture should be quite thick. Cover the bowl and chill until the mixture can be rolled into balls, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on a piece of parchment paper. Use a melon baller or a spoon to form the truffles into 3/4-inch balls. Roll each truffle in cocoa powder, then arrange them in a single layer on a serving plate or dish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. You may also store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
Avocado: I used 2 medium-sized avocados (1.5 cups packed). If you have a larger avocados, you may just want to start with one and then add more to adjust the desired consistency.
Sweetness: You can actually dip your finger in the truffle batter before rolling to see if you need a touch of sweetness. And if you do, add a drop of stevia extract.
Approximately 99 calories per truffle
~ 1 thumb fat
Calories and macros will vary based on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Vegan, Ketogenic, Gluten Free lifestyles