- 6 slices nitrate free bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced - optional
- 1 tsp chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- juice of 1 lime
- garnish - freshly chopped parsley
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl
- ziploc bag
- Check out this recipe by THE KITCHN to get the Perfect Bacon in the Oven.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half.
- Slice in half and peel avocados, removing the pit.
- Scoop egg yolks out of eggs and place in a medium bowl with the avocado halves.
- Mash yolks and avocado together, along with the minced jalapeño (optional), chili powder, garlic salt and lime juice. Gently fold in the cooked bacon pieces.
- Assembly: Take each egg white half and either pipe or spoon the mixture into them. You can also use a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off.
- Once filling is piped in, top with bacon or jalapeno slice and sprinkle more chili powder or garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Approximately 125 calories per 2 halves (makes 24 halves).
~ 2 thumbs fat
Calories and macros will vary based on brands of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Approved for Ketogenic, Whole 30, Paleo and Gluten Free lifestyles.