- 1/3 cup quick or rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- *3 teaspoons high fiber maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (sub for non-dairy alternative or water)
- 1 organic small apple, diced
- OATS: In a bowl, mix the oats with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoon sweetener, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons almond milk. Set aside.
- APPLE: In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the apples alone for 1 minute to soften.
- Remove and add 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon sweetener and mix them with the apples. Sprinkle the oats on top.
- Microwave the whole thing for 1 more minute until oats are golden brown and soft. Enjoy warm.
To lower the carb count, you can also reduce the oats to 1/4 cup.
Approximately 225 calories
~2 fists carbs
Calories may vary depending on brand of ingredients, substitutions and serving size.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free