- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. natural lean ground meat of choice - I used 96/4 turkey
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp gluten free taco seasoning (homemade: 1.5 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper)
- 1 cup organic diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 12 oz. riced cauliflower ~ 4 cups
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken both, low sodium
- 2 oz. organic shredded cheese of choice (I recommend a mexican blend or raw milk cheddar)
- Garnishes - avocado, black olives, green onions
- large non-stick skillet
- cutting board
- In your large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Sauté ground meat until mostly cooked through (a little pink).
- Add the bell pepper and onion to the skillet and continue to sauté the mixture until fully cooked. Stir in the taco seasoning.
- Add the diced tomatoes and riced cauliflower and mix until well combined. Add the broth and mix again.
- Turn the heat to low/medium and allow the meat mixture to simmer for 5-8 minutes until the cauliflower has softened.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded cheese! Top with your favorite garnishes!
For a training day: serve with a side of roasted sweet potatoes or spaghetti squash.
For a rest day: enjoy with sliced avocado and olives
Approximately 185 calories.
(~1 palm protein, 2 thumbs fat)
Calories may vary depending on brands of ingredients and substitutions.